I’m leaving Fantasy Island Iquitos, Peru in the heart of the Amazon after seven months in the rainforest Big Rock Candy Mountain, where everything has gone right, including:
- 15 hands on fights without suffering a loss.
- 13 dog bites without turning rabid.
- Chased by a hundred senoritas without stumbling.
- All drugs are legal but haven’t used any.
- Published five books including one on Iquitos without being sued.
- The police bow to tourists.
- Government officials take bribes to do anything.
- My dollar has 8x the buying power.
- Recovered from the worst case of anemia in jungle history and able to leap tall snakes.
- Great food and hot weather.
- I went to the zoo and dozens of children turned from the cages of monkeys and lions and exclaimed, ‘Look, a tourist!’
You too may visit this most magical spot in the world.